The National Cadet Corps has its genesis in the “ University corps” which was created under Indian Defense Act, 1917 to make up the shortage of the Army.
In 1920, when the Indian territory Act was passed, the university Corps was replaced by University Training Corps (UTS).
In 1942, the University Training Corps was renamed as the University officers Training Corps (UOTC).
2 MP Armd Sqn. NCC was raised in July 62 ( 12.07.1962) Maj. Sr. Mohan Commanded the Sqn. From 14 Sep.62 to 22 Sep. 71. The Sqn. Was located in the hosted of GACC Indore. Initially has been shifted in Holkar Science College Indore on 8 Dec.1976.
A committee headed by Pandit H.N. Kunzru recommended a cadet organization to be established in schools and colleges at a national level. The National Cadet Corps Act was accepted by the Governor General and on 15 July 1948 the National Cadet Corps came into existence.
In 1949, the Girls Division was raised in order to give equal opportunities to school and college going girls. The NCC was given an inter-service image in 1950 when the Air Wing was added, followed by the Naval Wing in 1952. Same year, the NCC curriculum was extended to include community development/social service activities as a part of the NCC syllabus at the behest of Late Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru who took keen interest in the growth of the NCC.