Aims of the Department of Biotechnology are ;
- To function as a self-financed department for extending good education at affordable cost to aspirants.
- To give practical training to teachers and students of neighboring colleges.
- To extend knowledge of such a high-tech subject easily to all the classes of students from different sections of society at reasonable fee packages.
- To enable students of this Malwa region to get opportunities for their carrier advancement in this field.
The main objective of the department is to provide good practical and theoretical knowledge, so that the students of this course can get employment opportunity in various fields like :
- Research and development work in labs of biotechnology.
- In industries as Quality Assurance specialists, Quality Control experts, and as production manager.
- Teaching at school and college level.
- In Pharmaceutical companies.
- In Bio fertilizer units etc.
- In blue or aquatic biotechnology.
- In green or agriculture biotechnology.
- In red or medical Biotechnology.
- In white or industrial biotechnology etc.