Modern crime detection had become a scientific endeavor. The role of forensic scientist in the criminal justice system is to perform a function that helps to convert an investigation into a final adjudication. It is becoming increasingly important. As the crime rate increasing day by day, there is a need of sufficient forensic experts. Thus the department of Forensic Science is taking initiative to combat this need in present & near future.
- To educate the student with scientific techniques of investigation.
- To impart high quality education.
- Making students familiar with forensic environment by introducing them with expert personnels and FSL.
A step ahead towards the academic development in the field of Forensic Science in Madhya Pradesh, Govt.(Model, Autonomous) Holkar Science College, Indore also started P.G. programme in Forensic Science in 2013 and UG programme in 2014.
The Forensic Science course engages the students in experience, personal observation and hands on learning, note taking, reading and attention to educational films, and at times commercial films, related to forensic science are also tracced. The course will educate the students to use facts, logic and objective thinking and subjective assumptions in solving problems.
Student enrolled in the Forensic Science course will attain the goals designed for the following topics:
1. History of Forensic Science.
2. Crime scene evaluation and safety.
3. Physical Evidence.
4. Physical properties.
5. Organic and Inorganic Analysis.
6. DNA as Forensic Science Tools.
8. The microscope and Hair and Fiber Analysis.
9. Forensic Aspects of Arson and Explosion Investigation.
10. Forensic Science Serology.
11. Documents Analysis.
12. Firearms, tools marks and other Impressions.
13. Forensic Science and related professions as career choices.